Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pinagpala.

Some people, myself included, want a ton of material things whenever Christmas season comes. These kids? Sure, they want toys and new clothes and new books. But one thing I know they'd really want is to spend Christmas whilst being with family. And I'm pretty sure God arranged all of this because we became their family, even just for a day :)



I'm smiling from ear to ear and fighting back tears while typing this entry. The Bukas-Loob sa Diyos Youth Ministry San Pablo South District spent the whole afternoon with the kids from Pinagpala Children's Home. Pinagpala, as it is often called, was originally situated in Pila, Laguna but was recently moved to Calauan, Laguna. It houses broken families, unwed mothers and orphans and has been home for quite a few kids since it opened.

There were around 30 kids who attended which was actually a very good number since there were also around 30 members of the Youth Ministry who came. Instant Kuyas and Ates for the kids! :)


While waiting for the program to start :)

We prepared a simple program with a little bit of dancing and singing plus a ton of games which all of us enjoyed! We were in awe of the amount of prizes and loot bags that we were given and we're all just grateful to each and every individual and family that provided these gifts for the children! More photos from the party up ahead! 


Dancing to "Super Bass"! :)

Insane amount of loot bags! The ones pictured above weren't even one-fourth of the bags!

With my little brotha Kim Carlo!

Insane "Stop Dance"! The kid in the blue shirt's Rafael (Raprap) and he's so bibo!

Giving out loot bags before having snacks.

Burgers, hotdogs, spaghetti, fried chicken and potato salad. *burp* Thanks, Titos and Titas! :)

With Johnron, Mae, and Aisa :)

BRING ME a Converse Shoe! Can you see mine? :)

That's me with the bibo kid Raprap and Reiner.

Add caption

Youth Pentacord with Tita Lala :)
   
This is a Merry Christmas :)

Nah, this one's MERRIER! Ha ha!

For the past couple of days, I've been complaining how I don't feel the Christmas season even though it's just around the corner. Spending the day with my brothers and sisters from the BLD Youth Ministry and the kids from Pinagpala changed that. I feel so blessed and I hope I get to have more chances of sharing my blessings with people around me. And yup, even on normal days, of course :)

Before I go look at all the photos again, I just want to say thank you to all those who have helped us in making this outreach program possible. Thank you for your time and efforts and most especially, for your prayers. This is indeed one Christmas party that we'll never forget. I'm sure the Lord God is pleased :)

Lord, thank You for all the blessings :)


Pinagpala means blessed, and may these kids always be :)



P.S: Y'all can check out more photos here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment