Thursday, May 5, 2011

Movie Review: Thor (2011)

It's safe to say that most of my future allowance will be spent on watching movies, what with Marvel movies lined up and all other promising offerings, especially the ones in 3D.

Last Tuesday, May 3, 2011, I got the chance to see Thor in 3D. The cousin and I got tickets for the 1:00PM screening since he's got basketball stuff at 5:00PM while I needed to write something. Ha ha. I was surprised that there were only about 50 people in the cinema, but then I remembered that it was noon time and it was a weekday, after all. 



Well, I can't really tell much here, can I? Ha ha. I can assure y'all though, that Thor is a good one. Of course, too much compression was done with the story, but I reckon they put all the significantly significant happenings on the movie. The cinematography is good, especially the scenes wherein the Kingdom of Asgard is panned. The fight scenes were very well executed as well. But what really amazed me in this movie is how well the casting went. The actors for this film really look like the characters from the comic book. It's as if they were literally cut out from the comic book and used in the film! Props to that!

Overall, I think the movie did good. It more so heightened the excitement for the upcoming Marvel movies. One qualm I have though is that I wish we hadn't seen it in 3D. Some of my friends advised us not to see it in 3D since it ain't worth it because only a very, very small fraction of the film can be very well appreciated in 3D, and I guess they were right. Oh, well. What's done is done, and me and the cousin enjoyed the movie still.

FINAL RATING: 4 out of 5

P.S: Natalie Portman and Jamie Alexander both looked grrreat!



No comments:

Post a Comment