Friday, November 11, 2011

This Week's Brunch.

With the onslaught of the urge to finish my first set of stickers for the Starbucks 2012 Planner, I made it a point to get brunch in their SM City Calamba branch whenever I can. It actually works because I'm usually either too early or too late to be able to eat breakfast at home. Plus, I get to ease some stress from my mum and aunt since I do most of the errands (i.e pay bills) whenever I drop by SMC, and of course, I get to add one or two more stickers whenever I purchase any core beverage or any of the three Holiday Specials offerings from Starbucks Coffee.


Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Roll (PhP 50.00 with jam and butter | Add PhP 20.00 for cream cheese)

For the three days this past week that I went to Starbucks, I always partnered my drink with one of their Christmas offerings, the Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Roll. For those who know me, this'd be a no-brain-er type of order since I like basil and any of its derivatives. It looks so unassuming but believe me when I say that it boasts of amazing flavor, add to that the aroma of the infused basil which diffuses so easily once you cut open the bread. Adding jam and butter adds a different dimension to it and makes it all the more fun to eat! I've tried it with cream cheese and the combination of the bread and cheese is great as well. Kinda reminded me of eating a basil bagel with cream cheese. The bread itself is kinda thick and can easily fill you up. For PhP 50.00, this is an absolute cheap treat! You don't get too many fifty peso-offering from Starbucks Coffee, and I think they should keep the Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Roll in their regular menu since it's a very welcome alternative to their sandwiches and sweet offerings. 

This very well has made it to the top of my bread list for now. Ha ha.

Go ahead and try it out and tell me what you think!



300x250px - Choose your s

No comments:

Post a Comment