Friday, December 23, 2011

United We Dance: A Dance Workshop For A Cause

Believe it or not, even after 7 years (and still going) of dancing with the UPLB Street Jazz Dance Co., United We Dance, which was held just this afternoon, is my first-ever dance class. Ha ha! This hip-hop class was organized by Oyen Baraquio (United 101) and Erik Javier (UPLB Street Jazz Dance Co., Urban Elite, The Crew) to raise funds and gather goods that will be sent to the victims of the typhoon Sendong. The workshop started a little past 5:00PM and it feels great to be back on the dance floor again! It feels extra special though because while we were all enjoying the class, we know that for that good hour or two, we'd be able to help our brothers and sisters from CDO and Iligan City even in our own little way.


I missed being inside a dance studio!

These were some of the stuff that we brought.

Here's my cousin Gio, Kev and one other guy from 101. Happy birthday, Insan!

Kuya Erik with Kit, another cousin of mine. Ha ha!

UPLB Street Jazz represent! With Fortune, Kev and Kuya Erik.



I struggled with catching my breath because my lungs weren't in their dancing condition yet but I'm glad I somehow didn't have trouble catching up with the choreography. Ha ha! I really have to run everyday so I'd be able to regain stamina again. Challenge accepted!

I'm really glad that Kuya Oyen and Kuya Erik did this. It shows that they don't only have big hearts for dancing, but big hearts filled with compassion for others. God bless you, both, and all of United 101 and all those who attended the class!






No comments:

Post a Comment