Tuesday, February 19, 2013

First Time.

As some of you may know, I've been joining singing contests since late 2011 and with God's grace, I've managed to bag a couple of runner-up spots but I've never had a WIN. Well, that changed a couple of days ago when I won Dream Catchers Vision's LOKAL RHYTHM: The Search For The Next PINOY ONLINE SENSATION!



A little background: I came across one of my Facebook contact's post about joining this certain contest in Dream Catchers Vision's website and I got a lil curious so checked out the mechanics and found out that the contest is open to all Filipinos aspiring to make it big in the music scene. Dream Catchers is a Singapore-based talent showcase platform with global ambitions. It is an online community for musicians/artists/performers which regularly holds contests for registered users. Aside from the amazing platform of hosting the users' videos on their website, Dream Catchers Vision awards winners of their contests with cash prizes! 

So, anyway, I signed up, uploaded my video, and prayed to God (seriously) that my video gets chosen. I wasn't even praying for the top prize. I guess that's what happens when you've been a runner-up all your life. Ha ha! Kidding aside, I wasn't really expecting anything, so imagine my surprise when I received an e-mail from none other than the CEO and Founder of Dream Catchers Vision herself, Miss Shalima Motial saying this:



This couldn't have come up in a better time. I'm really grateful to all the judges and to everyone who voted for my video! I seriously won't forget this because this is my first actual win! And with $500 to boot! But more than the cash prize, I'm just really thankful that there are people who actually appreciate what I do and there are those who are overly supportive of my music. Thank you guys, from the bottom of my heart! :)




Really cool to see my video on the number 1 spot in their website! Argh! By the way, I uploaded my cover of One Direction's "More Than This" as my entry for Lokal Rhythm. Who knew a 1D song can win me $500? Ha ha! Thanks to Sir Caio Cadiz of 10-0-71 Digital Post for helping me out with the track! Watch the video below :)




Again, thanks to everyone behind Dream Catcher Vision's Lokal Rhythm and to everyone who voted for my video! I encourage everyone to visit Dream Catchers Vision's website and register so y'all could join their contests, too! Such a wonderful community of talented people! See you there, okay? :)






No comments:

Post a Comment